- Basmati rice- 1 1/ 2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 2 Tsp.
- Green chillies- 4
- Lemon- 1 small
- Oil- 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp.
- Urad dal and split chanadal– 1 1/2 tsp. each
- Onion- 1 medium(chopped)
- Peanut- handful
- Coriander leaves- 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp.
Method 1. Grind cuminseeds, lemon, green chillies .
2. Heat oil in a nonstick vessel.
3. Add mustard after it splutters add both the dals fry till light brown.
4. Add peanut and after few seconds add chopped onion and turmeric powder.
5. After few seconds add the ground masala, salt and 1/2 cup of water and keep stirring it for around 10 minutes, close the lid and simmer it for about 15 minutes at the end add coriander and curry leaves.
6. Keep it overnight outside (not in fridge) next day add it to the cooked rice and mix well.