Channa dal vada is an easy evening snack which we can enjoy in the evenings with our tea. It is high in proteins as its made from channa dal.
- Channa dal -1/2 katori (soak in water overnight)
- Onion- 1-2 medium sized, chop them finely
- Chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida- 2 pinches
- Chaat masala-1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil- for frying
- Grind the soaked channa dal coarsely after draining the water.
- Put the oil for frying on gas.
- Now take out this coarsely ground channa dal in a bowl and to it add finely chopped onions, 2 pinches of asafoetida, red chili powder, chaat masala, and salt. The mixture should be thick in consistency ( if you feel that your mixture is not thick enough to be held by hands to put it in a karahi for frying add a little besan, chickpea flour to it to thicken the consistency.
- Mix it with a spoon.
- Now with your hands take a little of this in a rough shape of vada and fry it till light brown in color.
- Now take out vada and press it with help of a steel katori and again deep fry it, till golden brown.
- Frying the vada twice will make them crispy.
- Serve them with ketchup or green mint chutney.