- Semolina -1 cup (Rava)
- Onion -1/2 cup finely chopped
- Carrot- 1 chopped
- French Beans -1/3rd cup chopped
- Frozen Peas -2 teaspoons
- Black Mustard Seeds -1 teaspoon
- Green Chili- 1 chopped coarsely
- Tomato -1 small chopped
- Coriander Leaves- 2 tablespoons chopped
- Lime Juice a few drops
- Hot Water -1 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add the black mustard seeds. When they stop sputtering, add the chopped onion.
- Saute the onion for a few minutes and then add the green chili. Now add the chopped vegetables including the tomato. Saute. After 5 minutes add the salt, lime juice.
- Now add the semolina. Mix well. Add the hot water. Cover and cookÂ on low-medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When you uncover the kadhai, the semolina would have absorbed all the water.
- Turn off the heat. Mix gently. Turn the upma over gently onto a serving dish. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.