Curd is also considered one of the best aids to natural good looks.
- It supplies the nerves and the skin with healthy ingredients and counteracts the ill-effects of exposure to the scorching sun.
- The bacteria in curd make the skin soft and glowing. Curd mixed with orange or lemon juice is a good face cleanser. It supplies moisture to the skin and fruit juice provides the essential vitamin C.
- One tablespoonful of juice should be mixed in one cup of curd. This should be applied to face and neck and allowed to dry for 15 minutes. It should then be wiped off with a soft tissue and washed with water.
- A mixture of oatmeal flour and yogurt has been found effective in making the skin fairer and softer.
- This mixture should be kept on the facial skin for 15-20 minutes and then washed off with warm water.
- For pimples, a paste of curd and Bengal gram flour or besan should be applied on the face and then washed off.
- Curd is also considered valuable in conditioning the hair. It makes the hair soft, healthy and strong. Curd should be massaged right into the roots of the hair before being washed off.
- Dandruff can be removed by massaging one's hair for half an hour with curd which has been kept in the openfor three days.