It is low-fat, nutritious and delicious
- Puffed rice/murmura (available at Indian stores)-3 cups
- Roasted and salted peanuts- a handful
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and diced-1 medium
- Large onion chopped fine- 1 large
- Tomato chopped fine-1 large
- Half a bunch of coriander chopped fine
- Green chillies chopped fine- 2
- Tamarind chutney -to taste
- Mint-coriander chutney – to taste
- Handful of coarsely crushed papdi (savoury biscuits made from flour)
- Mix the puffed rice, peanuts, potato, onion, tomato, coriander and green chillies together in a large bowl.
- Add the tamarind chutney and mint-coriander chutney according to your own taste preferences (that’s the beauty of bhelpuri!), mix well, garnish with plenty of sev and papdi.