- Flaked rice( chiwra) -40g
- Potato -1 no.(medium)
- Onion- 1 no.(medium)
- Oil-3 tsp. (1 Tb.)
- Hing(asafoetida)-a pinch
- Sarson(mustard seeds)-1/4 tsp.
- Kadi patta (curry leaves )- a sprig
- Haldi-1/4 tsp.
- Salt-1/2 tsp. or to taste
- Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp.
- Green chilli, chopped-1/2
- Put chiwra in a strainer and keep it under running water for a minute to get soaked. Drain it.
- Boil,peel and cut potatoes and roast peanuts.
- Heat oil in a kadai(pan), fry hing, splutter sarson and curry leaves. Add onions and fry little and lastly add haldi to it.
- Drain the chiwra and add to the above. Cook occasionally with stirring till the mass is dry. Add salt , red chilli powder, roasted peanuts , cut potatoes and green chilli, stirring it minimum so that grains remain separate and unbroken.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle of lemon juice.
- Add steamed whole mung dal (green gram whole) sprouts in step4 to make poha more nutritious and delicious.
- Even vegetables such as shelled peas, diced steamed carrots can also be added to increase its nutritive value.