- Fresh coriander (cilantro), leaves with tender stem only- 2 bunches
- Fresh mint, leaves only -1 bunch
- Red onion (or green onion) chopped- 1 medium
- Green hot peppers, seeds removed and chopped- 4
- Garlic (optional)-3 cloves
- Ginger root, chopped- 1 inch
- Salt ( to taste)-1 tsp.
- Red chili powder (or black pepper powder)-1 tsp.
- Lime juice- 2 tsp.
- Mango powder(Amchur)-1tsp.
- Hing (asafoetida)- a pinch
- (optional), Small raw mango (good for making pickles)
- Rock salt (Kala namak)- 1 tsp.
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Add a small quantity of water and blend until smooth.
The bright green color and the hot and sour taste of dhania-pudina chutney/dip adds a zip to any dish. It is the most popular chutney served with meals or snacks. It can be eaten with just about anything — pulao, samosas, dal, and roti.