- Pavs buns or normal buns available- 2 or 3 serving per person
- Onions (chopped)- 2 medium
- Tomatoes (chopped) – 2 medium or tomato puree -2 Table spoons
- Mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower, beans, bottle gourds, etc.) -1oo g each or 2 cups of chopped vegetables
- Shelled peas- 1/4 cup
- Pavbhaji masala-2 tsp.
- Chilli powder-1 1/2 tsp.( or to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Ginger- 2"( grated)
- Garlic -2-3 cloves
- Lemon-1 small
- Butter to shallow fry
- Coriander chopped-few stems
- Onion (chopped)- 1 small
- Small pieces of lemon
- Pressure cook potatoes, mixed vegetables and peas till well done.Mash them coarsely after draining.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add ginger-garlic, capsicum, onion fry till golden brown,then tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add pav bhaji masala , chilli powder, turmeric, salt, and fry further 2-3 minutes.
- Bring to boil.Simmer till gravy is thick, stirring and adding the mashed vegetables with masala, in between.
- Add lemon juice, stir.Garnish with chopped coriander and a block of butter.
- Slit pavs horizontally leaving one edge attached.(open it like a book). Apply butter (as desired) and roast open on a griddle till hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides.Serve hot with bhaji, a piece of lemon and chopped onion.