- Potatoes- 1or 2 large
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp.
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cumin powder-1/2 tsp.
- Mango (amchur) powder-1/4 tsp.
- Chaat masala-1/2 tsp.
- Pomegranate seed powder-1/4 tsp.
- Take off the potatoes, wash and cut into fine matchsticks or grate.
- Soak in cold water for at least 1 hour, changing the water twice.
- Remove and pat dry on a towel.
- Heat up the oil in a kadhai over moderate heat.
- Mix in a handful of potato matchsticks at a time and fry, stirring constantly to keep them separate.
- Remove when they are pale golden and spread on an absorbent paper to take off excess oil.
- Mix everything salt, red chilli power, cumin powder, dry mango powder, anar dana powder and chaat masala.
- Sprinkle this masala mixture over the fried potatoes while they are still hot.
- Serve like that or cool and store in an airtight container.
- It will keep for a week.