- Green chilli (large sized) – 8-10
For the filling
- Potatoes boiled,mashed – 2 medium
- Red Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp.
- Ajwain -1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Ginger paste -1/4 tsp.
- Salt- to taste
- Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) – 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder -1 Pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash, wipe and slit the chillies along the length.
- Remove the seeds from the chillies.
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and fill it inside the chillies.
- Mix all the ingredients for the covering and add enough water to prepare a thick batter.
- Dip the stuffed chillies in this batter and fry in hot oil till it is golden in color.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney and hari chutney.