Ingredients for Chicken
- Chicken – 1 Kg
- Lime juice – 2 Tbsp
- Curds – Â½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 Â½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 Â½ tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Tomao pureee – Â½ cup
- Onions – 150 gms
- Ginger – 2 cm
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2-3
- Ghee or Oil – 5 Tbsp
- Cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms – 2 each
- Kasoori methi – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh or clotted Cream – 2 Tbsp
- Clean and joint the chicken.Mix with rest of the ingredients and keep aside for 1 hr-2 hrs.Place in a thick bottomed vessel (handi) or a non stick pan and cook covered till chicken is tender.
- Open the cover and cook stirring till all the liquid is evapourated and chicken pieces are well browned (add some more oil if needed).
- For gravy -Grate onions. Mince ginger. Slit green chillies. Heat 4 Tbsp of oil or ghee. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Add onions and fry till brown. Add ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chilli powder and green chillies. Add tomato puree and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream. Add chicken pieces and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ghee, add Kasoori methi and pour over the chicken.