- Black salt- 25 grams
- Cumin seeds- 40 grams
- Asafoetida( hing)- 1 teaspoon
- Dried mint leaves crushed- 2 teaspoons
- Chaat masala( home made or from market ) -1 -2 teaspoon (optional)
- Dry roast hing on a tawa(griddle), till it becomes slightly brown in colour and now put it in plate and let it cool.
- Follow the same step to dry roast the cumin seeds( jeera).
- Now in a dry grinder mix all the above ingredients to make a fine powder.
- You can store the powder in a air tight container and use this instant buttermilk masala.
We can dry the pudina(mint) leaves easily during summers by washing the leaves thoroughly and drying them in sun. The dried leaves can be stored in a air tight container and used for its aroma in many recipes like Indian lentils, sandwiches , buttermilk etc.