- Buttermilk- 150ml
- Water- 1 cup
- Green chillies- 2
- Ginger -1" piece
- Salt -to taste
- Dhania leaves ,chopped- a handful
- Kashmiri red chillies-2
- Mustard seeds- 3/4 tsp.
- Hing powder- 1/4 tsp.
- Oil-1 1/2 tsp.
- Grind together green chillies, ginger with a little water to form a paste. Set aside.
- Grate coconut and finely chop coriander leaves and set aside.
- Mix together the buttermilk, gram flour and water. Mix all the ingredients together, (except those for tempering and garnishing) into a smooth solution.
- Cook over a medium heat until all the water has been absorbed and a soft dough like consistency has been obtained. It should be pliable enough to spread.
- Grease the reverse side of 2-3 thalis with a little ghee and spread the mixture as thinly as possible. Spread the dough while its still hot.
- Once you have finished spreading the dough, take a knife and place each thali in front of you ,cut 2'' wide strips. Then roll them into swiss rolls.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the mustard seeds, once they splutter add red chillies, hing. As they sizzle pour them over the khandavi.
- Garnish with chopped dhania.