Besan-1 katori (medium sized steel katori)
Semolina- 1/2 katori (medium sized steel katori)
Oil(heated)- 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice-2 teaspoon
Water- just little to adjust the consistency of the batter
Eno- 1 packet
Meetha soda- 1/8 teaspoon
Baghar for dhokla
Lemon juice – of 1 lemon
Green chillies -3-4 (slit into two halves)
Mustard seeds(sarson)- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt -to taste
Sugar- 5-6 teaspoons
Curry leaves(kaddi patta)- 1-2 sprigs
water-1 and 1/2 katori (medium sized steel katori)
1. Keep aside the batter for 10 minutes.
2. Grease the container with oil in which you want to make the dhokla. (dhokla can be made in a idli maker on gas or in the idli maker moulds which are microwave safe.)
3. Now add the eno and meetha soda into the batter.
3. Pour the above batter into the greased container and keep ion the gas or in the microwave for 5 minutes.
Method for making the baghar
1. Take oil in a karahi/pan and put it on slow flame, when it is hot add sarson seeds and let them splutter.
2. Add to it curry leaves,slit green chillies stir for 2-3 minutes and now add water and lemon juice let it simmer on slow flame for another 2-3 minutes and now to the pan add salt and sugar ,give it a boil.
3.Now again put the flame on slow and let it stand for 5 minutes before you turn off the burner.
Once the dhokla is ready pour the baghar over it and enjoy.