- Curd – 1cup
- Cucumber – 1
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Rock salt (kala namak) – 1/4 tsp.
- Chopped fresh coriander or mint
- Peel the cucumbers, halve them length ways and remove the seeds.
- Cut the cucumbers into small dice, sprinkle with salt, kala namak and leave for 15 minutes, then drain away liquid and rinse the cucumbers quickly in cold water. Drain well.
- Combine cucumber and curd. Roast the cumin seeds in a dry pan, shaking pan or stirring constantly, until brown. Bruise or crush seeds and sprinkle over yogurt. Serve chilled, garnished with mint or coriander.